The workshop will take place at the Hotel Victoria in Villars-sur-Ollon (aka, Villars, a Ski resort of the Vaud Canton). http://www.eurotel-victoria.ch/villars/
Villars is situated on the other side of the Leman Lac from Geneva. After enjoying the beautyful view of the lake on the way to Aigle by train, you will find a bus (144) that runs every 30min and drops you by the hotel. The trains to Aigle are frequent and you can find direct inter-regional train from major Swiss cities : from Bern train station (2h30), from Geneva train station (1h20), Geneva airport (1h30). Lausanne (35 min).
List of topics
- Adaptive mechanisms for robot tutors, personalization and adaptation algorithms for tutoring interactions
- Design of autonomous systems for tutoring interactions
- Theories and methods for tutoring (pedagogical and language acquisition)
- Shared knowledge and knowledge modelling in HRI
- Human-robot collaborative learning
- Attachment and learning with a social robot (social and cognitive development)
- Engagement in educational human-robot interaction
- Human-robot relationship assessment
- Designing student models and assessing student’s learning
- Playful learning with a robot
- Human-robot creativity
- Kinesthetic and non-verbal communication in human-robot interaction
- Impact of embodiment on learning
- Technical innovation in learning or teaching robots
- Long term learning interactions, design and methodologies for repeated human-robot encounters
- Robots for learners with special needs and special abilities
- Education and re-training for adults
- Rehabilitation and re-education
- Privacy and ethical issues in robot tutoring applications
Prepare your workshop
The workshop will be organised around 6 sections. Each sections will address a challenge in HRI for learners.
- Non-verbal interaction and verbal interaction: impact of gestures, verbal feedback etc.
- Kinesthetic learning vs other learning modalities: how does dynamic and tangible interaction influence the learner experience?
- Learning gain and applications: do we learn better/ more with robots? what influence the learning gain? what can we teach with a robot (limitation in the curricula)? How do we design the learning task?
- Autonomy and reasoning about learners knowledge: how to adapta, personalise learning?
- In the classroom or managing group of learners: how to cope with several learners? collaboration, robot facilitator?
- Engagement and motivation: how is engagement affecting learning? novelty effect. In order to frame the discussion, we ask you to contribute by preparing 3 slides related to the theme of the session. You can present a point of view, an experiment, an algorithm …